You may also like to watch an interesting video on this subject.
How to respond to Do you have any questions for me?
Get Full Details
You have to ask something. This is yet another great opportunity to sell yourself in the interview. So, in this blog we have prepared questions to ask an interviewer at the end of an interview.
Here is a list of 15 + sample questions for you to tailor to your needs during an interview. These questions are divided under 6 different headings and you can edit or modify the question as per the situation.
#1 Show interest in the recruitment process and ask:
- What’s the next step in the interview/hiring process?
- How long does your recruitment process usually take?
#2 You may show that you are genuinely interested about the job and would like to know more about the role and responsibilities:
- What are the primary responsibilities of the position?
- Can you share more about the day-to-day responsibilities of this position?
- What can you tell me about the job apart from what was in the description?
#3 You may have some specific questions about the job, such as:
- Could you tell me a little bit about the person I would report to directly?
- Would I need to travel for the position?
- How many people will I be working with?
#4 Then there could be time related questions:
- If I were hired for the position, what would be the ideal starting date?
- What does it look like during the busiest and toughest times for this role?
#5 If you are a target oriented person, then you may ask:
- What would I be expected to accomplish in my first month/year on the job?
- What is the key to succeeding in this role?
- What are the company’s targets for the coming year?
#6 Questions about you
You may seek feedback about your performance in the interview or about your suitability as the candidate, such as:
- Do you have any concerns about my candidacy?
- What are you looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Are there any qualifications that you think I’m missing?
Tips to respond to Do you have any questions for me ?
Our Career Development tools for you:
Job interviews can be stressful. But you can avoid most of this stress and anxiety if you prepare well. You can get expert interviewing coaching and expert advice on conducting your job search by availing of our professional services.
Also given here are some valuable tips, which we are sure you’ll find very useful.
1. Be prepared
This means you should expect to be asked this question. Secondly, put together at least 10 questions to take with you to the interview. As mentioned in the previous lines, there can be many things you can ask the interviewer – right from seeking clarification to seeking further information or indirectly telling the HR Manager about your focus areas.
Depending on who is interviewing you or the focus areas of your interview, your questions should vary.
2. Who is interviewing you is important
If you are being interviewed with the hiring manager, ask some questions about the job, the profile, challenges and the desired qualities.
If you are interviewing with a senior executive of the department, ask about the department.
If a very senior member of the management is interviewing you, ask about the industry and future projections. This is your chance to demonstrate your knowledge about the industry.
3. Timing is important
You will have to use your judgment about the direction in which the interview went. This can be inferred from the nature, type and number of questions you were asked. Think of the interview as a formal conversation. You will be able to spot appropriate time to ask certain types of questions, like we have mentioned already.
To be on the safer side, concentrate on questions relating to the job responsibilities and how well you fit into the position.
How can CareersandMoney.com help you?
We conduct workshops, training programs and one to one counseling sessions, where we teach Interview Skills, Personality Development, Confidence Building, and other aspects of the job search such as Career Counseling, Resume Writing, Linked Profile Writing and much more. All you have to do is call us at 0919873372726 or 01143022692, 01143022693 !!
Short Video: What should be the qualities to become a good secretary?
Dear Job Seeker,
We do hope that you found the suggestions and Questions given in this blog article helpful for your forthcoming interview preparation. Given below are links to more useful and related articles:
- How To Improve Your Interview Performance
- Interview Tips for First Time Job Seekers
- Useful Phone Interview Tips
Interview Questions and Answers
- Sales Jobs Interview Questions and Answers
- Job Interview Questions and Answers for Engineers
- Common Business School Interview Questions with Answers for MBA Entrance
- Job Interview Questions and Answers for Accounting and Finance Careers
- Interview Questions Answers for Principal and School Teacher
- Common Bank Interview Questions with Answers
- Job Interview Questions and Answers for Retail Industry Careers
About the Author
Sundeep Kataria is the CEO of ACS Consultants – a Management Consulting Firm. He holds multiple qualifications: MBA, PGDIT (IIFT), MS in Counselling & Psychotherapy and Diploma in Company Law. He has also formally learnt Digital Marketing and Website Making.
In 1995 he pioneered the concept of professional Career Counselling, Executive Coaching and Mentoring. Over the years he has mentored many professionals, like CAs, Engineers, Sales & Marketing Professionals, IT Experts etc.
The unique style of Sundeep Kataria is that he connects with each and every individual personally, holds in depth discussion before undertaking the assignment.