With the constantly rapid development in the field of Information Technology, the word saw a new field called digital marketing as one of the greatest career options. Within a short period of time, this field became too large with multiple branches parts and specializations. One of the fields which became a rage was search Engine Optimization or better known as SEO these days.
SEO Career Opportunities and Future of SEO
Today SEO is wide field again and it offers many different kinds of opportunities to make a career. The career opportunities exist almost in all parts of the world.
The career in the field of Search Engine Optimization is very interesting and at the same time it is quite lucrative too. Therefore, it not only attract the individuals fresh out of their colleges but also people from unrelated and related fields such as Web Designers, Software Developers, Content Writers, seo Copywriters, Social Media Marketers, Hardware Engineers etc.
How to become an SEO Expert
Fortunately, there are really no entry barriers to make a career in this field of Search Engine Optimization Expert or SEO Consultant. As long as you have a good college or undergraduate degree (minimum preferred) you are good to go.
Enrol yourself for a short term contact program with a Digital Marketing Education Institute for an intensive program either in Digital Marketing where search engine optimization should be one of the serious course modules. Alternatively, you may enrol yourself for an exclusive course on Search Engine Optimization.
Keep in mind that to be successful in the career path of SEO and Digital Marketing you will two things. First, get as much knowledge as possible. Therefore, you will need to supplement your training from the institute with a lot of quick self learning such as reading books and magazines, doing online reading and watching a lot of videos on YouTube.
Secondly, this is a hands-on skill. Therefore, start implementing whatever you learn – from the day one. Make your own blog or offer your friends and acquaintances to do SEO for their website and that too free of cost, to begin with. Also make a promise to yourself that you will always keep yourself updated. This is so as the technology is constantly evolving, new technologies are coming fast which are making the old technologies redundant.
Future of SEO
Yes, the career option in the domains of Digital Marketing, Social Media, internet marketing SEO and SEO have a huge career potential and will continue to do so – at least in the foreseeable future. Internet Marketing on digital marketing platform have become part of every organisation’s overall marketing plan.
Anything that can help promote the business and image of a person or organisation on internet is the basic job profile of SEO expert. He is an online marketing expert who promotes the website and other online presence such as on Social Media Platforms.
Career Scope of SEO
An experienced SEO expert is always in demand. He may either be working on his own or is employed by a digital marketing agency or one of the good search engine optimization companies. If he has done big budget, multi – industry and multi product / services assignments, there would be a great value for his skill.
His talent and naturally the price for his skill will increase if he has knowledge and experience of related fields also. These could be Social Media Marketing, Social Media Optimization, Keyword Research, Keyword Optimization, Content Marketing, Web Designing, Graphic Designing, Link Building, PPC Campaign etc.
It is hard to imagine the word not going digital. On the contrary from information to advertising, record keeping to financial transactions, shopping to studies everything is getting increasingly digital. Hence the future of SEO is also secure.
The potential employers who would be need the services of SEO experts would be small, medium and large organisation that have in house digital marketing department. They will still need Search Engine Optimization Services in case they outsource it to freelancers. Similarly, the digital marketing agencies, search engine optimization companies and Content Marketing Agencies would need SEO talent on a regular basis.
Is SEO a good career choice? OR Is digital marketing the right career?
Many young individuals who’re looking for a career somewhere in IT field ask if SEO is a good path to take. Being prepared for a job is one thing, but enjoying it enough or making good money to make it a career is another.
Let us look at some of the pros and cons of working as SEO and making Digital Marketing as a long term career option.
- Good employers: Since it’s a relatively modern field you have a choice to work with a professional and / or a large organisation.
- Always something new to learn: The digital marketing word is full of constant changes, perhaps a bit more than other industries. Therefore, constantly learning new tricks and technologies is the call of this career.
- Scope to merge creativity with technology: Those who do not like mundane 9 to 5 jobs there is lot of challenge in this field to show your creativity on certain lines. It’s definitely a field with a welcoming scope for intelligent and amazingly creative people.
- Wide recognition and acceptability in the industry. Today SEO is a part of overall marketing plan and that too an important one. So you can play an important role and be at a senior position in the company.
- It’s quite competitive. Since it started over a decade ago, there are already established players and those who have good talent and experience in the fields of SEO, Digital Marketing etc.
- Constant learning: To be at the top of the pyramid, it requires constant training experience Research and learning. So you should be willing to put in sincere efforts and hard work to stay ahead of others in the business.
- To succeed in SEO, you need to differentiate yourself you should be agile, creative, analytical and a bit scientific
Indeed, the websites and blog are coming up daily by millions, and their owners want a good web presence. So it might be a great road to more senior positions and responsible roles in the field of Information Technology.
The career as SEO is not for everyone? If you like doing things in different and innovative ways and you are keen to acquire SEO ninja skills then jump in and stay humble.
Dear Blog Visitors,
I am sure you liked this article. Please do share this article on social media via E mail, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, etc!
Please do share your knowledge and experiences on the subject of Mindfulness Meditation.
Recommended blogs for useful readings:
- Best Work from Home Ideas for Housewives
- Ideas to Earn Money as an Entrepreneur
- Tips to do well in New Business Venture
- Highest Paying Jobs after Graduation
- Career Options after Commerce Graduation
- Useful Phone Interview Tips
- Affirmations for Facing Career Challenges
- How Safe is Your Job
- How to Find a Job After a Long Gap