Whether you are looking for a job soon after finishing your academic education or are already employed and are looking for a job change, a well-written resume is the first thing that you would need for placing your credentials before a prospective employer. For this simple reason, resume writing has become a specialized job and just about anybody cannot claim to be a resume maker. Resume writing services are becoming more and more popular with every passing day and the demand for professional resume writers has seen a constant increase in the last two decades or so. If you have already chosen a career for yourself, then also, a resume writing professional can be of immense help to you in so far as your career growth is concerned. Hence we are going to discuss Reasons why you need Professional Resume Writer, when looking for job.
What is a Resume?
A resume is a concise written presentation or compilation of your accomplishments and credentials including your education and work experience. Often, a resume is a part of the application process along with a covering letter and a printed application form in certain cases.
If you are not very good at drafting written communications, you can avail the services of a resume maker or resume writing services company which would have in-house professional resume writers or a panel of resume writing professionals. Resume writing services by professional resume writers are available at very economical rates these days.
Reasons Why You Need Professional Resume Writer When Looking For Job
In most cases, your resume is the first document ever that a hiring manager may get to see while reviewing your application for the job. You can safely say that resume is the document that gives the “first impression” about you and your candidature to a prospective employer.
This more than explains the importance of a well-written resume while you are looking for a job. Ideally, you should hire only a professional resume maker or a resume writing services having in-house resume writing professionals for writing your resume on the basis of inputs provided by you to the professional resume writer. Of course, you need to check the credentials also.
Very short time spent by prospective employer in reviewing a resume received from a job aspirant
It would be safe to believe that on an average, a prospective employer would be spending anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes in a preliminary review of a resume for a job at the induction level. As the level rises, the employer can be expected to spend a little more time in reviewing the resumes received by him or his HR team.
Therefore, it is imperative that you have a sterling resume which immediately catches the eye of the employer and he feels inclined to short-list you for the first round of interview. It would be prudent to assume that such a catchy resume can generally be written only by a resume maker in some resume writing services or by a professional resume writer.
Key factors concerning a well-written resume for a job aspirant
Our Career Development tools for you:
Once you realize the importance of a well drafted resume for you while you are applying for a job, it would be extremely important to know the key factors which must be kept in mind and taken note of while drafting and finalizing a resume. You must also be aware of all the bits and pieces that go in your resume and help the prospective employer or his HR team take a quick decision that you could well be the right fit for the job that they have vacant in their organization. The relevant key factors and the points that you need to consider are enumerated below for your ready reference:
- The purpose and length of your resume;
- The type of resume, e.g., chronological, functional or combination;
- The opening statement, your key skills and main strengths;
- Educational qualifications and background;
- Employment details with history;
- Your personal attributes which may be relevant to the job;
- Achievements and accomplishments;
- References and testimonials;
- Items to be included or to be deliberately left out of your resume;
- Headers to be used;
- The order in which the information is to be presented;
- Formatting of the resume;
- Whether a template is to be used for your resume;
- Reviewing and proofreading of your resume for any factual or typographical errors.
Value additions that a Professional Resume Writer or Resume Maker or Professional Resume Writer in a Resume Writing Services firm may bring in
In addition to covering all the points mentioned above, a professional resume writer or a resume maker working in or for a resume writing services firm would probably insist on and take care of the following aspects as well:
Matching your resume to the position
A professional resume writer or resume maker in a resume writing services firm would make sure that the concise and factually correct resume matches the position being applied for to the maximum extent possible.
Use of Keywords
A professional resume writer or resume maker in a resume writing services firm would also like to ensure that adequate use is made of suitable keywords as applicable to the job that you are applying to. Many recruitment agencies scan applications using software for keywords and phrases. Applications and resumes where the right keywords have not been used would be automatically rejected by such software.
Robots and Humans
A resume maker or professional resume writer in a resume writing services firm is generally abreast of the current trends. He would ensure that your resume gets past the Robot Tracking System and also grabs the attention of the HR personnel at the recruitment end.
Do you really need the services of a resume writing professional or resume maker or professional resume writer or even a resume writing services firm while you are looking for a job?
If you wish to use your resume as a powerful tool to make a strong and favorable impression on the prospective employer, it is crucial that you avail the services of a professional resume writer for writing your resume.
Know for sure that if your resume does not instantly impress the prospective employer, he is most likely to reject your application and move on to the next impressive resume. You must use your resume as a tool to market yourself as a valuable asset to the employer. A resume maker or resume writing professional in a resume writing services firm will indeed make your resume stand out amongst scores, if not hundreds, of other resumes.
What should you look for in a professional resume writer or resume maker or resume writing services firm before engaging them?
Now that you probably know everything worth knowing about a good resume, you must spend some time pondering over the attributes of an ideal professional resume writer or resume maker or resume writing services firm. It will be prudent to look for the undernoted attributes in the resume writing professional or resume maker or resume writing services firm that you intend to engage for writing your resume:
- The resume writing professional or resume maker should be well qualified. The resume writing services firm should have a sound reputation with sufficient experience in providing resume writing services to job aspirants;
- The resume writing professional or resume maker working in the resume writing services firm must provide a personalized touch and one-to-one interaction before and while writing your resume;
- The resume writing professional or resume maker working in the resume writing services firm must write your resume as a fresh document instead of using a template;
- The resume writing professional or resume maker working in the resume writing services firm must provide total confidentiality and secrecy as far as your personal information is concerned.
We are sure that you found the information given in this article useful to help you make a perfect career choice. Further given below are links to more useful and related articles:
- Essential features and components of Entry Level Resume
- Qualities of Good CV Maker
- Reasons Why You should get a Professional Resume Writer
- 11 Important Tips for CV Writing
- How to Write a Cover Letter for a Job
- Upcoming Careers in India
- Career Options after Commerce Graduation
- SEO Career Opportunities and Future of SEO
- High Growth Careers in Accounting
- 10 Online Degrees with Good Career Opportunities
- Highest Paying Jobs after Graduation
About the Author
Sundeep Kataria is the CEO of ACS Consultants – a Management Consulting Firm. He holds multiple qualifications: MBA, PGDIT (IIFT), MS in Counselling & Psychotherapy and Diploma in Company Law. He has also formally learnt Digital Marketing and Website Making.
In 1995 he pioneered the concept of professional Career Counselling, Executive Coaching and Mentoring. Over the years he has mentored many professionals, like CAs, Engineers, Sales & Marketing Professionals, IT Experts etc.
The unique style of Sundeep Kataria is that he connects with each and every individual personally, holds in depth discussion before undertaking the assignment.